Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a severe mental health condition that can lead to the development of multiple identities or personalities. People struggling with DID often experience problems with daily functioning due to the dissociation and the chaos caused by the different personalities. If you or someone you care about is struggling with DID, it is essential to seek professional help. Call 940.360.4245 to speak with someone from Connection Wellness Group about our mental health treatment programs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, including dissociative disorder treatment.
What Is Dissociative Identity Disorder?
Dissociative identity disorder is a mental health condition in which a person dissociates from their thoughts, feelings, memories, and sense of self. Dissociation can cause people to feel disconnected from the world around them or separated from themselves. People struggling with dissociative identity disorder may experience disruptions in memory, identity, or consciousness. These symptoms can be incredibly disruptive to a person’s daily life.
Other dissociative disorders include the following:
- Dissociative amnesia
- Dissociative fugue
- Dissociative disorder not otherwise specified (DDNOS)
- Depersonalization or derealization disorder
- Dissociative trance disorder
However, DID is the most severe dissociative disorder and requires specialized treatment.
What Are the Signs of DID?
The signs of dissociative identity disorder can vary from person to person, but some common symptoms include the following:
- Alterations in sleep patterns
- Depersonalization or feeling detached from one’s body
- Derealization or feeling disconnected from the world around oneself
- Feeling alienated from oneself
- Inability to recall specific memories
- Mood swings or dissociative episodes
- Unusual behavior or changes in speaking style
Trauma can also result in the development of DID or other dissociative disorders. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is not the only mental health disorder that can develop due to unresolved trauma. DID can also develop due to significantly traumatic life events, such as physical or sexual abuse.
What to Expect from DID Treatment in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
If you or someone you care about is struggling with DID, seeking dissociative disorder treatment can help. Connections Wellness Group offers specialized dissociative identity disorder treatment programs in Dallas/Forth Worth, Texas that focus on helping patients resolve their trauma and regain control over their lives. Our skilled and highly qualified clinicians also provide evidence-based psychotherapy to treat dissociative disorders.
A typical DID treatment program consists of the following:
- Psychotherapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and other evidence-based treatments can help patients identify, process, and resolve trauma.
- Medication management – Some dissociative disorders may benefit from using medication to manage symptoms such as depression, anxiety, or insomnia.
- Supportive services – Experiential and group therapy, individualized treatment plans, and other supportive services can help patients manage dissociative disorder symptoms.
The benefits of undergoing dissociative disorder treatment include increased stability, improved relationships, better self-care practices, and overall increased quality of life. Overall, seeking professional help is worth any trouble it may cause because patients find that the DID-related disruptions in their lives become more manageable. The dissociative episodes become less frequent or severe.
Find DID Treatment in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas with Connections Wellness Group
At Connections Wellness Group, we understand that dissociative identity disorder can be overwhelming and disruptive to a person’s daily functioning. We offer specialized dissociative disorder treatment in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas tailored to address each patient’s unique needs and goals.
If you or someone you care about is struggling with DID, contact Connections Wellness Group today at 940.360.4245 to learn more about our dissociative disorder treatment in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. Our multidisciplinary team of clinicians is here to help you or your loved one find healing and recovery from dissociative identity disorder. We look forward to helping you take the next step towards lasting well-being and are here for you every step of the way.