An intensive outpatient program is a treatment and support program used to treat conditions that don’t require detoxification or close supervision. Such conditions include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic attack
- Panic disorder
- Suicidal thoughts
- Homicidal thought
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mood disorder
- Personality disorder.
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
Intensive outpatient programs consist of group therapy for 3 hours daily. This program can take 1-2 weeks. Other services offered are medication management, case management, and individual counseling. The goal of the program is:
- To give frequent support while allowing the patient to lead their everyday life.
- To maintain abstinence from addiction and achieve behavioral change.
- To encourage patients to be part of a support system.
The Intensive outpatient program is appropriate when:
- There is a need for more intensive treatment while avoiding inpatient hospitalization.
- There is a need for more support upon discharge from an inpatient facility.
- There is a weakening of symptoms.
- The patient needs a differential diagnosis.
Benefits of Intensive Outpatient Programs
- This program is flexible and easily accessible, and it allows the patient to lead their everyday lives, giving the patient the ability to continue supporting their families.
- It is not expensive like inpatient treatment programs.
- The patient can apply the coping skills they learn daily.
- It allows one to establish communication-based support.
- The patient can develop long-term support relationships with the other patients in the group.
- The patients receive medication management and drug screening.
- The program provides the patient with a high level of privacy.
- The patient can develop different life skills, like self-care, practicing mindfulness, healthy thinking, and developing healthy relationships.
To learn more about the Intensive Care Program, contact us or Visit the Connections Wellness Group website. We have a dynamic team of therapists who will connect with you and help you achieve overall wellness.