Medication and therapy can be an essential partnership on the path to wellness. When used by your psychiatrist as one strategy in a comprehensive treatment plan, medication can be an effective tool to provide symptom relief while pursuing the healing needed for mental illness treatment.
Medication management benefits
Managing conditions through medication can break down barriers to total wellness. Some of the many conditions treated through medication management are:
- Mood stabilization
Any of these conditions can provide obstacles to healing if not addressed. Medication management as a tool can provide the physical relief needed to focus on holistic wellness.
Keeping you informed on your care
Making sure you are fully involved with every step of your care is paramount. Your psychiatrist will discuss the following concerns regarding your medication management plan’s details to keep you well-informed and active in your treatment plan.
- Purpose of the medication. What condition(s) is it treating?
- Goals of the medication. What is the desired outcome in taking the medication?
- How to take the medication. Knowing when and how to take the medication is crucial to its effectiveness.
- Possible side effects of the medication. It’s critical to know and be able to recognize potential side effects quickly.
- Risks and benefits of the medication. There is often a scale that must be weighed when considering a new medication. Are likely side effects for the medication less disadvantageous than the potential benefits to the healing process? This is a meaningful conversation to have with your psychiatrist.
At Connections Wellness Group, our goal is to be a catalyst for positive change in the lives of those we serve. Medication management is just one of our unrelenting vision tools to connect everyone we service with long-term wellness through life-enriching care.