In America, eating disorders affect 30 million people. Of those 30 million, only 1 in 10 will receive treatment. This mental health disorder disproportionately affects women and girls, with binge eating disorder and anorexia having the highest mortality rates of any mental illness. Connections Wellness Group offers an eating disorder program in Texas. With multiple locations across the Dallas – Fort Worth metropolitan area and tele-health options, help is available.
Do not wait if you or a loved one needs a mental health treatment program for an eating disorder. Statistics surrounding eating disorders in America are alarming and include:
- Over 50% of Americans know someone with an eating disorder
- 95% of those with eating disorders are between the ages of 12 and 25
- Every 62 minutes, at least one person dies as a direct result of an eating disorder
At Connections Wellness Group, we offer an evidence-based eating treatment for eating disorders that includes individual, group, and family therapy. Our goal is to help our clients develop a healthy relationship with food and their bodies. We also work to educate our clients and their families about eating disorders and the importance of early intervention and treatment.
Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses that can devastate a person’s physical and mental health. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, call us at 940.360.4245 or contact us online.
The MindFULL Program: an Eating Disorder Program in Texas
The MindFULL program includes both partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP) levels of care for adolescents ages 12-18 who are struggling with eating disorder behaviors.
These levels of care are step-downs from inpatient and residential treatment programs and can offer support to those needing more care than weekly or bi-weekly outpatient sessions. The MindFULL program involves a complete array of services throughout the treatment day, including:
- Meal support Therapy
What to Expect in an Eating Disorder Treatment Center in Texas
In Denton and McKinney, we serve children and adolescents 12-18 years old. However, 18-year-olds must be currently enrolled in high school. In Denton we additionally serve adults. The following services are included in our comprehensive approach:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- 4 hours of group therapy per day
- Includes process groups
- Includes psycho-educational groups
- Includes nutrition groups
- Comprehensive, accredited private school through The KOAN School
- Works directly with the school district to transfer grades/credits
- Provides an opportunity to ‘catch up’ or ‘get ahead’ in school if behind
- Offers individual tutoring
- Individual therapy sessions
- Weekly 1-on-1 sessions with a licensed clinician
- Family meetings and education with a clinician
- Individual nutrition counseling
- Menu curated specifically for those struggling with eating disorders by our registered dietitian (RDN)
- Weekly individual sessions with our RDN.
- Family education and support with RDN.
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Completed by child and adolescent trained psychiatrist with experience specifically with patients with eating disorders.
- Nursing evaluations
- Completed by a registered nurse
- Medication education
What Conditions Are Treated in This Program?
- Anorexia nervosa Bulimia nervosa
- Avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID)
- Binge eating disorder
- Atypical anorexia
- Purging disorder
- Other feeding and eating disorders
What Treatment Modalities Are Used in This Program?
In the MindFULL program here at Connections Wellness Group, we believe a starving brain is not a healing brain. We also know that eating disorders do not occur on their own. Therefore, it is important for us to treat not only the eating disorder thoughts, behaviors, and nutritional needs of our patients but also the therapeutic and clinical needs of other mental health struggles such as depression and anxiety. With the support of our private school, our patients can keep up with their school work while receiving the level of care they need.
Additionally, our master-level clinicians use many evidence-based therapeutic approaches, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Connected movement
- Meditation and mindfulness
Contact Connections Wellness Group’s Eating Disorder Treatment Center in Texas
We are available to meet your needs with multiple locations throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth metropolitan area. Do not wait to get help if you or a loved one is struggling with an eating disorder. The compassionate and experienced staff at Connections Wellness Group is ready to help. Call 940.360.4245 or contact us online today.