The COVID-19 pandemic created many changes in the American way of life. Not only were there economic and social impacts, but the way necessary services were delivered had to change to accommodate social distancing. This was especially true in the medical field, including the behavioral health industry. Virtual or tele-therapy for mental health became a common and effective way to deliver needed treatment to the millions of Americans who struggle with mental health conditions.
Connections Wellness Group has multiple locations throughout the Dallas/Forth Worth metropolitan area but also offers online mental health therapy. A busy schedule, lack of transportation, or lack of childcare should not interfere with necessary mental health treatment. Call 940.360.4245 to learn more about our virtual telehealth services.
What Is Tele-Therapy for Mental Health?
Tele-therapy for mental health is a form of therapy that takes place remotely, usually via computer, phone, or tablet. Whether sitting at a desk in front of a computer at home or using a smartphone in the parking lot on a lunch break, it allows individuals to receive therapy from almost anywhere. With practically any modern communication device and an internet connection, mental health treatment is accessible.
Advantages of Online Mental Health Therapy
There are several distinct advantages that virtual mental health therapy offers, and it may even make it preferable to in-person therapy for some patients. Some of these include:
- Tele-therapy for mental health allows individuals to access treatment from anywhere with an internet connection, allowing those who are homebound, lack transportation, or live in remote areas to still receive the needed care. This can be especially beneficial for those who would otherwise have difficulty accessing traditional face-to-face therapy due to distance or other factors.
- Tele-therapy for mental health sessions are often shorter than face-to-face sessions and requires less time commitment. This can be attractive to individuals with busy schedules or who may have difficulty taking time away from work or family obligations.
- Online therapy can offer a sense of privacy and anonymity that may not typically be found during in-person therapy sessions and may be more comfortable for those who feel overwhelmed by being around people in public settings.
- Tele-therapy for mental health is often covered by private insurance plans and Medicaid or Medicare, making it financially accessible to most individuals seeking treatment.
Connections Wellness Group provides several virtual mental health services, such as individual counseling sessions, group therapy sessions, and couples counseling. Our team of experienced and licensed professionals is dedicated to providing quality care regardless of whether you choose an in-person or virtual therapy session.
Who Is a Candidate for Tele-Therapy for Mental Health?
Tele-therapy for mental health is an effective and safe form of therapy for individuals with a variety of mental health conditions, such as:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
It is also suitable for those who have recently experienced a traumatic event or just need help dealing with everyday life stresses and challenges.
Whether traditional face-to-face or virtual mental health therapy is the right choice, Connections Wellness Group can provide the necessary care to help individuals meet their goals and improve their quality of life.
Reach Out to Connections Wellness Group Today
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues, it is crucial to seek out help. Tele-therapy for mental health may be an option worth considering. Our caring and professional team will develop an individualized treatment plan employing evidence-based therapies and holistic approaches to ensure the best possible outcome.
Contact Connections Wellness Group today to learn more about our virtual mental health services. Call our office at 940.360.4245 or reach out online to learn more about our virtual mental health therapy services. We are here to help!