Raul Martinez, MS, LPC, NCC, CCTP
Specialties: Anxiety, ADHD, Adjustment Disorder, Depression, Children of Divorce, Stress Management, Grief/Loss, Self-Esteem, Bullying, Domestic Violence, Abuse, LGBTQ+
Subspecialties: Individual Counseling, Family support, Relationship Issues
Age Group: 11-90+
- Masters of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Bachelors of Arts in Sociology, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Licensed Professional Counselor
We are in-network with almost all major insurances, to see our list, please click here.
For the past eight years, I have had the opportunity to work in a helping profession as a teacher, case manager, and therapist. I avoid taking an “expert” stance, flexibility is important, and sometimes “one size does not fit all.” I believe that you are the true expert of your life, and together, we will gain a better understanding of the underlying issues that are getting in your way.
For many of us, unwanted emotions, thoughts, or behaviors get in the way and create roadblocks and barriers. My goal is to help you identify what keeps you feeling stuck in your life and together, find and create solutions so that you can live a life that feels authentic and fulfilling.
As a therapist, I am passionate about providing a safe, non-judgmental, and compassionate space where you can feel supported and understood.
- Just like Snow White, I grew up with seven dwarfs. I am the third of seven siblings and can confirm I am a combination of sleepy and happy.
- I enjoy traveling, experiencing new cultures, and meeting new people. Trying new foods is one of my favorite parts of traveling.
- The 80s and 90s horror movies are my favorites, and I have a fun/spooky time watching them with family and friends.